It is difficult to determine just how old the church is because the Session Minutes in the church's possession dates back to only 1877. We do know the church was in existence in 1837, because it was a member of the Obion Presbytery when it met in Mayfield, Kentucky, March 23, 1837. It is quite possible the church was organized before this date. The cornerstone which is now above the doors as you enter the sanctuary gives us a date of 1839. We believe the first church building was constructed that year.
The church grew out of camp meetings held about two miles south of the present building. A few years after its organization, a log church was built on the sight of the present church. Sometime later, a second building was built across New Hope Road. The present sanctuary built in 1916, on the same ground which the log church had been constructed. The new church building was occupied the following year while the old building was sold to the highest bidder for $86.00.
Concerning church union, there is no record of the outcome of a vote held in September 1904,, but we feel it is safe to assume the majority vote was "nay" since we are, today, proud to be a people called "Cumberland Presbyterian."
The new Church manse was dedicated in October of 1957. The Fellowship Hall-Kitchen-Educational Building was added to the church in 1973. The Christian Life Center was dedicated in November of 2001. We could never put into words the many hours of labor, the prayers, and the tears that have gone into the gathering of this congregation. Glory be to God, from whom all blessings flow!