The history of the church is really a history of Cumberland Presbyterians in Madisonville.
The church in Madisonville was organized in 1834 and the first building was erected in 1847. Pressley Prichett was the first settler in Madisonville and owned the corner lot at Federal and Main. This lot was later owned by Frank and Sara Wilkins and deeded to the madisonville Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
In 1906, by the acts of the General Assemblies of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church and the Presbyterian church in the United States of America, a union was consummated by which the Madisonvile church became a Presbyterian USA Church.
A lot on the corner of Seminary and West Center was purchased in 1912 and a contract for a new bilding was let to buid the new church the next year to be a Cumberland Presbyterian church. It was dedicated in 1916 and remained in this location for the next fifty-five years.
In July 1971, the first service was held in a beautiful new Worship Center located on a five acre track of land in East Madisonville.
The church has had the honor of being in three different Presbyteries. Those Presbyteries are Anderson, Princeton, and Covenant.